Friday, February 26, 2010

Follow Friday

As a new blogger, I am grateful to GeneaBloggers for suggesting the daily themes. I probably won't always stay on task as some of the stories I want to write won't bend to a theme. I have been subscribed to Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter (eogn.com) for several years and follow both Randy (geneamusings.com) Seaver and Thomas(geneabloggers.com) MacEntee. They have led me to many interesting blogs and articles.

I also check message boards for the countries in which I am doing research. They often have success stories that suggest avenues of research. As an example: on a Swedish message board I learned that the "husforhorslangd", or Parish household inventory, gives a list of the entire family, including birth date. It also shows movement into, out of, and within the parish. I am currently researching my husbands gg-grandparents who immigrated from Sweden in the early 1870s.

No comments:

Post a Comment