Friday, February 26, 2010

Follow Friday

As a new blogger, I am grateful to GeneaBloggers for suggesting the daily themes. I probably won't always stay on task as some of the stories I want to write won't bend to a theme. I have been subscribed to Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter ( for several years and follow both Randy ( Seaver and Thomas( MacEntee. They have led me to many interesting blogs and articles.

I also check message boards for the countries in which I am doing research. They often have success stories that suggest avenues of research. As an example: on a Swedish message board I learned that the "husforhorslangd", or Parish household inventory, gives a list of the entire family, including birth date. It also shows movement into, out of, and within the parish. I am currently researching my husbands gg-grandparents who immigrated from Sweden in the early 1870s.