Sunday, April 25, 2010

Mamma Dear's Madonna





The marble madonna pictured lived on a ledge in my grandmother's living room in Chicago. It wasn't an ordinary ledge, it was about two feet above the floor and in front of a massive mirror wall. When I visited my grandmother, I used to dance in front of the mirror under the gaze of Mary. I also remember staying overnight with my grandmother and being allowed to stand behind her, brushing her long silver hair, while she read the newspaper with magnifying glass in hand.
After my grandmother's death, the madonna presided from the bookcase in my mother's living room. When my mother moved to Florida, she moved to my house. I also moved to Florida and this time the lady went with. She now lives in my daughter's living room in Texas. Where will the future take her next?
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment