Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sentimental Sunday - Stacy's Tavern, My First Apartment


Posted by PicasaStacy's Tavern, Glen Ellen, Du Page, IL.

This was my first apartment!  Imagine my surprise to discover that it is now on the National Register of Historic Places.  The other day I was following a genealogy lead that led me to the web pages for Lombard, Du Page, Illinois.  While there, I saw a reference to Stacy's Tavern and followed the thread.  A firend and I shared the first floor apartment in the early 1960s.  My room was on the left side of the building.  When we lived there I knew it had been a stage coach stop but not that Abraham Lincoln slept there.  I only lived there for about a year but I still have fond memories of the place.  For more information on Stacy's Tavern just check out google or wikipedia.

3 comments:

  1. What a fun little discovery. Our first apt. was noted for being in the middle of gang territory....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marian the house was built in 1846 by Moses Stacy.

    ReplyDelete