Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Geneaboggers Techno Tuesday - Organizing Research

Yesterday I was reading Dick Eastman's Online Genealogy Newsletter Plus Edition article "What is the Purpose of a Genealogy Program".  Dick discussed the issue of using the various software programs to evaluate evidence.  This was a very thought provoking article and prompted many comments.   

M. Hougland commented "Ben Sayer has developed a program, Lineascope, that makes analysis easier. All it takes is a free Google account. See http://www.lineascope.com/about  It is an evidence driven, web-based genealogy application."

I had to go to the website and check out the program.  All I can say is I wish I had this program when I first started my research.  The fact that the data resided on the web is a bonus since it will be available wherever I log on to a computer..  Whether I am at a Family History Center or a library my information is available.

1 comment: